This app triggers a super high brightness mode that is built in to many phones with AMOLED screens. See below for a list of phones with built-in high brightness mode. Even if your phone does not have the special HBM hardware setting, this app will force maximum brightness, which is really handy when you are outside in the sun.
HBM does not require root on Samsung devices, but in most cases can get slightly brighter if your device is rooted. With root, this app can force maximum brightness beyond what is available in system settings.
The HBM Widget requires root on the Nexus 6/6P, Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2 and Motorola phones. Root is required because HBM is a special hardware setting, it does NOT simply increase your brightness slider to max. This is significantly brighter than max brightness on compatible devices.
- Auto mode, which turns high brightness mode on or off depending on ambient lighting
- Widget for your home screen
- Quick Settings tile
- Manually in the app
- Most Samsung phones, including Galaxy S6/S7/S8 and Note 6/7/8. Works without root on Samsung phones, but will get slightly brighter on rooted devices
- Most Motorola phones with AMOLED screens. Requires root.
- Nexus 6. Requires root for HBM hardware setting
- Nexus 6P, Pixel, Pixel XL and Pixel 2. Requires a custom kernel such as ElementalX or franco kernel and root.
- OnePlus. Works with or without root on OnePlus devices.
High Brightness Mode v2.04 Apk