This app is a real navigation tool designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bush walking, mountain biking, kayaking and trail riding. Its simple to use and works even in the remotest back country since it doesn’t need network connectivity
- Shows your current location in easting/northing or in lat/lon.
- Shows your speed, direction of travel, and total distance travelled in either metric or imperial/US units.
- Can store your current location as a way point, and can store a tack log to show where you’ve been.
- Way points and track logs can be imported from and exported to Google Earth KML and GPX files.
- Allows manual entry of way points in UTM or lat/lon coords.
- Can guide you to a way point with the “Go to” screen using true or compass bearings.
- Optional audible proximity alarm on go to page.
- Has a magnetic compass page (on devices with mag sensors only).
- Computes the local magnetic declination at startup using the IGRF-12 model, for use on the goto page.
- Can display either a simple map of your current location and the stored way points, or a Google Map if a data connection is available.
Handy GPS v18.5 Android